Sunday, July 1, 2012



CHAPTER 9:

**Reread the section on "partnering levels" for teachers and students and discuss your experiences as they relate to teaching or observing in the settings that you are most familiar with.

I am almost ashamed to admit that, in my short career, I have hovered between levels 1 and 2 (and occasionally level 3) of the partnering scale. However, this was my own experience as a student, this is what I was taught in my Masters Methods classes, and this was also the guidance I received from my more established colleagues. Only recently have I discovered that “worksheets” is a dirty word and PowerPoint is boring and outdated. Now that I am enlightened with new partnering ideas, I can clearly see there are more efficient and effective ways of teaching. I believe this is especially true for older students who may require “real world” preparation (ie: learning how to research rather than being fed the information by the teacher.)

No comments:

Post a Comment