Sunday, July 1, 2012



CHAPTER 2:

In my opinion, “leaving the stage” is the central concept of partnering. Teaching should not be about the needs and wants of the teacher, but rather of his/her students. Every effort should be made to engage students in a meaningful lesson and encourage them to take ownership of their own education. Being the “guide on the side” automatically shines the spotlight on the students and their own work.

I have based my own teaching practice so far on covering technology and collaboration through Bloom’s Taxonomy. Although I don’t think that is an incorrect way to organize instruction, I really like Prensky’s “verbs and nouns.” It’s a very clean way to explicitly state the expected level of partnering, particularly in reference to technology. This ensures students practice a skills (ie: presenting) as well as a tool (ie: PowerPoint).

No comments:

Post a Comment